Measurement Year 2023 Align Measure Perform (AMP) Digital Measures Bundle
This bundle purchase offers a choice of up to three HEDIS Electronic Clinical Data System (ECDS) digital measures:
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS-E)
- Depression Screening and Follow-Up for Adolescents and Adults (DSF-E) *testing measure for AMP MY 2023*
- Prenatal Immunization Status (PRS-E)
These digital measures can be directly consumed by the reporting system. All files within this ECDS digital measure are packaged together to include: Human Readable pdf, Clinical Quality Language (CQL), XML, JSON, HQMF, and NCQA Common Library files.
IMPORTANT: Permitted Use Notice
The HEDIS measures and specifications were developed by and are owned by NCQA. Unauthorized internal distribution of the Volume 2 publication and materials beyond a single user is prohibited. Anyone desiring broader internal distribution of HEDIS Volume 2 must purchase additional licensed user permissions via the NCQA Store.
You may use HEDIS Volume 2 and the digital measures solely for an internal non-commercial purpose and as described below as related to the Align. Measure. Perform. (AMP) program without obtaining NCQA approval. All other uses, including a commercial use (including but not limited to vendors using or embedding the measures and specifications into any product or service to calculate measure results for customers for any purpose) and/or any external reproduction, distribution or publication must be approved by NCQA and are subject to a license at the discretion of NCQA.
Organizations may use the digital measures for calculating and submitting measure results for the AMP program Measurement Year (MY) 2023.
Vendors or consultants who calculate the measures for participating organizations require a separate license with NCQA and should not purchase HEDIS Volume 2 and the digital measures here, but must contact the NCQA licensing team. Submit an inquiry by logging into My NCQA, selecting the Ask a Question button, then the Orders button, then the Custom License Requests option.
Also included in this purchase is the following single-user e-publication:
HEDIS MY 2023 Volume 2: Technical Specifications for Health Plans
A required resource for anyone involved in collecting, calculating or submitting HEDIS data, HEDIS Volume 2 features the complete technical specifications for each measure. It also includes general guidelines for data collection and reporting, detailed instructions about how to perform the necessary calculations and guidelines for sampling.
HEDIS is the gold standard in health care performance measurement, used by more than 90 percent of the nation's health plans and many leading employers and regulators. HEDIS is a set of standardized measures that specifies how organizations collect, audit and report performance information across the most pressing clinical areas, as well as important dimensions of customer satisfaction and patient experience.
HEDIS MY 2023 Volume 2 incorporates the following additional content, providing added value to our customers:
- Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS: Recognizing that HEDIS measures have traditionally been specified for health plan reporting, and that the industry desires to apply the measures to different levels of the health care system to facilitate, for example, population health management and development of quality improvement programs and initiatives, NCQA incorporated the “Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS,” (the “Rules”) into HEDIS Volume 2 alongside applicable HEDIS measures and specifications. The Rules describe an approach and prescribe guidelines for adjusting NCQA’s HEDIS measure specifications for use with other populations. The Rules were reviewed and approved by NCQA measure experts and provide room for evaluating alternate populations without changing the clinical intent of the measure through removal of continuous enrollment or product-line criteria, for example.
- HEDIS MY 2023 Value Set Directory (VSD) Files: The HEDIS VSDs crosswalk HEDIS measure and specifications to third party medical and billing codes to assist in calculating HEDIS measure results. The HEDIS VSD consists of an Excel file (.xlsx) that is made available with the purchase of HEDIS MY 2023 Volume 2 in print or electronic format. The MY 2023 VSD files are made available in unlocked format for greater ease of use. The HEDIS VSD is searchable and sortable. The HEDIS VSD is available in electronic format only; customers who purchase the print version of HEDIS Volume 2 will receive the measures in print and the HEDIS VSD in electronic form. These third-party codes may be protected under federal copyright laws and are included in HEDIS Volume 2 with the permission of the copyright owners. All uses of these third-party codes may require a license from the copyright owner.