HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures Bundle for ECDS and Traditional Reporting
This bundle includes a total of 19 measures expressed in digital format across the following products:
| HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures for Traditional Reporting (8 Digital Measures)
|| October 2019
| HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures Bundle for ECDS Reporting (11 Digital Measures)
|| July 2019
|HEDIS 2020 Volume 2: Technical Specifications for Health Plans
|| July 2019
HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures for Traditional Reporting (8 Digital Measures)
Note: NCQA anticipates release of the Digital Measures for Traditional Reporting in October 2019. Special introductory pricing of this product is being offered for HEDIS 2020 only.
This product includes digital versions of eight measures, expressed in machine-readable code and ready for traditional HEDIS 2020 reporting:
- Appropriate Testing for Pharyngitis (CWP)
- Appropriate Treatment for Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)
- Avoidance of Antibiotic Treatment for Acute Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis (AAB)
- Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS)
- Immunizations for Adolescents (IMA)
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics (APM)
- Non-Recommended PSA-Based Screening in Older Men (PSA)
- Use of Opioids from Multiple Providers (UOP)
This bundle’s digital measures offer:
- Ease: Reduce burden—and risk—of manually reading, interpreting and recoding measure specs.
- Accuracy: Use machine-to-machine instructions, programmed by NCQA, to set and simplify measure calculations.
- Usability: Report measures for HEDIS 2020 and other quality reporting programs—possible because measures use HL7® International standard Clinical Quality Language (CQL).
This bundle of measures represents a digital measure format that may be directly consumed. Each HEDIS Digital Measure includes the following files: Human Readable pdf, Clinical Quality Language (CQL), XML, JSON, HQMF and NCQA Common Library files.
Note: The HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures Bundle for ECDS and Traditional Reporting product is non-refundable once purchased and downloaded. Contact NCQA Customer Support at 888-275-7585 to discuss any questions prior to ordering. If you have previously purchased HEDIS 2020 Volume 2 publication, HEDIS 2020 Package or HUG 2020 membership and are interesting in ordering the HEDIS Digital Measures Bundle, please contact NCQA for special pricing at 888-275-7585.
Also included in this bundle:
HEDIS 2020 Digital Measures Bundle for ECDS Reporting (11 Digital Measures)
This bundle includes eleven HEDIS Electronic Clinical Data System (ECDS) digital measures, which represent the beginning of HEDIS ECDS Reporting:
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS-E)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (COL-E)
- Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD-E)
- Depression Screening and Follow-Up for Adolescents and Adults (DSF)
- Utilization of the PHQ-9 to Monitor Depression Symptoms for Adolescents and Adults (DMS)
- Depression Remission or Response for Adolescents and Adults (DRR)
- Unhealthy Alcohol Use Screening and Follow-Up (ASF)
- Adult Immunization Status (AIS)
- Prenatal Immunization Status (PRS)
- Prenatal Depression Screening and Follow-Up (PND)
- Postpartum Depression Screening and Follow-Up (PPD)
These ECDS digital measures can be directly consumed by the reporting system. All files within each ECDS digital measure are packaged together to include the human readable technical documentation and the machine-readable files necessary for implementation. Each HEDIS ECDS digital measure includes: Human Readable pdf, Clinical Quality Language (CQL), XML, JSON, HQMF, and NCQA Common Library files. These HEDIS ECDS digital measures may be used solely for an internal non-commercial purpose without obtaining any approval from NCQA. All other uses, including a commercial use or external reproduction, distribution or publication must be approved by NCQA and are subject to a custom license at the discretion of NCQA.
Also included in this bundle:
HEDIS 2020 Volume 2: Technical Specifications for Health Plans
A required resource for anyone involved in collecting, calculating or submitting HEDIS data, HEDIS Volume 2 features the complete technical specifications for each measure. It also includes general guidelines for data collection and reporting, detailed instructions about how to perform the necessary calculations and guidelines for sampling.
HEDIS is the gold standard in health care performance measurement, used by more than 90 percent of the nation's health plans and many leading employers and regulators. HEDIS is a set of standardized measures that specifies how organizations collect, audit and report performance information across the most pressing clinical areas, as well as important dimensions of customer satisfaction and patient experience.
HEDIS 2020 Volume 2 will incorporate the following additional content, providing added value to our customers:
- Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS: Recognizing that HEDIS measures have traditionally been specified for health plan reporting, and that the industry desires to apply the measures to different levels of the health care system to facilitate, for example, population health management and development of quality improvement programs and initiatives, NCQA incorporated the “Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS,” (the “Rules”) into HEDIS Volume 2 alongside applicable HEDIS measures and specifications. The Rules describe an approach and prescribe guidelines for adjusting NCQA’s HEDIS measure specifications for use with other populations. The Rules were reviewed and approved by NCQA measure experts and provide room for evaluating alternate populations without changing the clinical intent of the measure through removal of continuous enrollment or product-line criteria, for example.
- HEDIS 2020 Value Set Directory (VSD): The HEDIS VSD crosswalks HEDIS measure and specifications to third party medical and billing codes to assist in calculating HEDIS measure results, The HEDIS VSD consists of a locked Excel file (.xlsx) that is made available with the purchase of HEDIS 2020 Volume 2 in print or electronic format. The HEDIS VSD is searchable and sortable. The HEDIS VSD is available in electronic format only; customers who purchase the print version of HEDIS Volume 2 will receive the measures in print and the HEDIS VSD in electronic form. These third-party codes may be protected under federal copyright laws and are included in HEDIS Volume 2 with the permission of the copyright owners. All uses of these third-party codes may require a license from the copyright owner.
Note: The October updates—as listed in the Technical Specifications Update document on the NCQA website—are not automatically incorporated into the standard HEDIS Volume 2 publication. A HEDIS Volume 2 epub with October updates incorporated is made available only to members of the HEDIS User Group (HUG) as a membership incentive, and may be obtained by purchasing a HUG membership publication package. You can find more information about HUG membership here and purchase it through the NCQA Store here.
IMPORTANT: Permitted Use Notice
The HEDIS measures and specifications contained in HEDIS Volume 2 publication were developed by and are owned by NCQA. Unauthorized internal distribution of the publication and materials therein—beyond the number of users licensed by your organization—is prohibited. Anyone desiring broader internal distribution of HEDIS Volume 2 must purchase additional licensed user permissions via the NCQA Store.
An organization’s licensed users may use the materials solely for an internal non-commercial purpose without obtaining NCQA approval. All other uses, including a commercial use (including but not limited to vendors using or embedding the measures and specifications and/or HEDIS VSD into any product or service to calculate measure results for customers for any purpose) and/or any external reproduction, distribution or publication (including but not limited to federal and state entities using or incorporating the measures into their programs) must be approved by NCQA and are subject to a license at the discretion of NCQA.
Anyone contemplating a commercial use, external reproduction, distribution or publication of any part of HEDIS Volume 2, should not purchase HEDIS Volume 2 via the NCQA Store, but must contact the NCQA licensing team by submitting a request through https://my.ncqa.org to discuss the need for a custom license.
NOTE: Healthcare organizations that calculate HEDIS measure results using internal software (e.g., not a vendor) may publish their measure rates. However, the following disclaimer language must be used, as applicable:
Unadjusted Uncertified Measures: The logic used to produce these HEDIS® measure results has not been certified by NCQA. Such results are for reference only and are not an indication of measure validity. A calculated measure result (a “rate”) from a HEDIS measure that has not been certified via NCQA’s Measure Certification Program, and is based on unadjusted HEDIS specifications, may not be called a “Health Plan HEDIS rate” until it is audited and designated reportable by an NCQA-Certified HEDIS Compliance Auditor. Until such time, such measure rates shall be designated or referred to as “Uncertified, Unaudited Health Plan HEDIS Rates.”
Adjusted Uncertified Measures: The logic used to produce these HEDIS® measure results has not been certified by NCQA. Such results are for reference only and are not an indication of measure validity. A calculated measure result (a “rate”) from a HEDIS measure that has not been certified via NCQA’s Measure Certification Program, and is based on adjusted HEDIS specifications, may not be called an “Adjusted HEDIS rate” until it is audited and designated reportable by an NCQA-Certified HEDIS Compliance Auditor. Until such time, such measure rates shall be designated or referred to as “Uncertified, Adjusted, Unaudited HEDIS Rates.”
HL7® is the registered trademark of Health Level Seven International.